The purpose of this session is to help plugin developers to prepare their plugins for the upcoming implementation of WordPress Plugin Directory 3.0. Years of experience in working with Joomla Extensions Directory data and my recent enrollment in the WordPress Plugin Directory gives me a possibility to advise how to make the transition from the old to the new directory smoothly for all parties involved: plugin developers, plugin users, and the directory team. Adjust to the new reality and discover new possibilities hidden in the new directory.
- how the way we browse plugins will change?
- how long can I use the old plugin directory?
- how will the embedded plugin directory be affected by this change?
- what’s new? what’s missing?
For plugin developers:
- how to prepare your plugin description?
- how to take advantage of the opportunity?